Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Only Book I Really Liked!

This book by far is the only book I really got into besides the other books I read in the past. The story of how I found the book is pretty kool. It all started when a group that I participated in went to Atlanta to stay there for a week and on one of the days we were there, we went to a all African American book store called the Shrine of the Black Madonna. We had to buy a book there and I was looking but I couldn't find nothing that really caught my eye or my attention, but at the end of my journey of finding a book this cover caught me off gaurd because of the color and characterization on it. So I read the back of the back of the book which had the little summary on it and that just intrigued me even more, so I had to buy it. But heres the down fall I showed the book to my teacher and she told me to get a better book, so i did, but it was not good at all.So when i came back home I made it my mission to go find and buy this book. So I completed my mission and everything went as plan. I began to read and instantly I got caught up, I couldn't stop reading it. My parents were really proud of me because they really never seen me read a book on my free time. The story was amazing, it told a tale abouta dude named Wasuan Wells who has two loves--one is his beautiful girl of two years, Enychi Carter, and the other is his love for dice. Rollin' dice is an everyday hustle for Wasuan, and he's one of the best the hood has ever seen. No one can defeat him. That is, until he stumbles across a dude from the same hood named Tone who has just as much confidence, a little too much mouth, lots of cash to back it up, and a strong desire for Wasuan's girl. When Wasuan is challenged and the stakes grow high, he finds himself caught out in deeper waters than he can swim in, with Tone dangling three options: pay up, take his last breath, or sacrifice something much greater...his girl, Enychi. But when Enychi agrees to spend one night with Tone in order to save her man's life, she finds herself caught up in an unwilling love triangle like the streets have never known. Love, betrayal, lies, sex and money are just the beginning in this scandalous tale, where loyalties are put to the ultimate test. So if you want a good read, you should go to your local library or book store and go cop this book because it is really good!

No comments: